Saturday, February 21, 2009

guac in ghana

the guac turned out better than i had expected, however, now i am a bit nervous; jeff told me that my guacamole was the first time he had ever eaten uncooked vegetables... i had been wondering why all ghanaian food is served hot... i hope i don't end up with cholera! i don't think my family enjoyed my cooking as much as i did, my brother's and sister's facial expressions made me realize what i must look like when i eat fufu. i even caught nana fake dipping a plantain chip and then telling me he enjoyed my cooking.

we started dancing and drumming in class last week in the afternoons, a group of performers from KNUST have been joining us and teaching us their skills. we are still learning the basics so everything is fairly repeditive but its been really fun and funny. yesterday some friends and i found the pool on campus. it was really fun until jones (whose real name is jules, but ghanaians cannot pronounce the oo sound so we switched it) jumped off the high dive and ruptured his eardrum.

almost all of the girls in our group left for the night to visit a crator lake 45 mins outside of kumasi, its the largest natural lake in west africa, i think that me and the two other guys are going to check it out next weekend. this weekend were just going to chill im kumasi. i played soccer again this morning with nana and joyce and then taught jeff how to do sudokus, he had a handheld sudoku player but didn't know how to use it.

have a good weekend!
dane

No comments:

Post a Comment